Photo by Stephanie Driessel.
Mirror Stage invites our audience, artists, and supporters
to join us at Carkeek Park
on Sunday, September 13, 2015
from 1:00pm to 5:00pm
for the 2015 Season Launch Cookout and Dessert Auction.
More info coming soon...
Critics and audiences alike rave about Mirror Stage productions.
Since 2004, the common thread that links the majority of Feed Your Mind audience feedback is praise for Mirror Stage’s scripts and actors.
Descriptive phrases and adjectives used again and again include: engaging, intriguing, great, relevant, interesting, wonderful, remarkable, thought-provoking, excellent, spectacular and stellar. That the two core elements of our Feed Your Mind series consistently receive such lofty praise is rewarding and also helps us keep the bar set sufficiently high to continue producing high quality work.
Mirror Stage Feed Your Mind
Audience Feedback: (most recent comments first)
- "PRINCIPAL PRINCIPLE STAGED READING GETS AN A. Is our public educational system grinding itself into the ground? This is just one of the questions Joe Zarrow explores in his 2014 play, Principal Principle...Director Suzanne Cohen helped her cast of five women read this play with great vigor and emotion...With this stripped down version of theater, I feel much more focused on the play’s themes...Zarrow and this reading show up the irony that a system that has conflated correct answers on a multiple-choice exam with learning can’t even pose for itself clear questions with clear—correct—answers."—Mark Douglass, Drama in the Hood
- "...a fine example of how an intelligent, complex and fiercely relevant contemporary drama can stir deep emotional responses and lingering personal contemplation of important ideas...I so appreciate what Mirror Stage is doing with their Feed Your Mind series. They are presenting important plays that raise important considerations"—Jerry Kraft, SeattleActor.com
- "Diversity of audience members made for a lively conversation... love the selection of thought-provoking scripts & the discussions afterward."
- "Helpful to hear from teachers."
- "The amount of pressure teachers face and how this leads to burnout...It's a very relevant and important topic."
- "Lovely insight to the topic of education and the dimension of change affecting students and teachers."
- "Great discussion...Excellent play that explores conflict, race, education issues, ethics, trust, why we work."
- "I was an elementary school teacher. Very familiar material. I've been through this!!"
- "Great discussion."
- "Superb acting."
- "Great subjects (pertinent)"
- "Thought-provoking from multiple perspectives."
- "Beautifully done. This was intellectually stimulating and (surprisingly) engaging. I appreciate thinking more in depth about privilege and teaching. It was amazing and very emotional. I was impressed! This was truly fantastic!"
- "I know many folks who would get a lot out of this show,"
- "Well-acted & thought-provoking. Funny to boot."